I've got so many things running through my head it's hard to keep them all straight. That being said I decided to jump ahead of myself again. Originally when I made my Frenchman cross stitch chart I also made one for Boh Kitty - and one for Jeremy and myself. Family portraits in silhouette...
I went to Salty Yarns, my local needlecraft store in Ocean City, and bought linen for each piece. Of course when I dug into my stash this weekend to get started outlining the cat I had already lost my $20 worth of fabric. The plan was, since Louis is almost finished, to outline Boh and then take both pieces to Michael's and look for frames. So, Jeremy and I got up bright and early and drove to OC to buy more fabric. Luckily they had something very similiar, heavier weight but same count and color. I bought a little piece to stitch the cat. But needleshops are like my candy store so I looked around and found a few more things. I got a bookmark chart to stitch, a scissor "sheath", and The Auction chart (a gift for someone who is probably reading this blog, so hush). Take a peep at the end product in my "In the Works" section - it doesn't really do the piece justice but... Whoever stitched the model at the shop was so creative. Instead of stitching the design as-is she stitched some of the quilts on seperate fabric and sewed them on to the piece so they looked like they were blowing in the breeze. This is going to be good.
So then we headed to Salisbury to grocery shop - and buy floss and fabric for my new project! Sometimes chain stores are just cheaper -thank you Michael's. Anyway, when I got back to the house I set up my new project in its home for the next few months - a very tricky velcro scroll frame (sooo much easier than the kind with split rails). I even got a few stitches layed down. I love new projects. The rest of the weekend was dedicated to cranking out as much of Louis' over-one as possible. Here are the results!
Post a Comment